19 July 2015

plants greener

or at least, so I imagine. Main aponogeton definitely keeps cranking out new leaves, the smaller plants flanking it appear greener and a bit bigger now too- feeding the plants on standard schedule has helped! Must not think I'm experienced enough to tinker with it yet
The vallisneria is growing a lot, every time I take a picture I swear its doubled in height.
I still have to rub a lot of brown/black algae off the crypt leaves, but the lower, new foliage doesn't feel as soft/slimy and the bigger leaves seem to be keeping their green, algae growth on them between fridays doesn't seem quite as pronounced.
Rotala is becoming a presence in the back corner, the wall of it I cut down is sprouting new tiny leaves but just barely there, not big enough to photograph yet.
Java ferns on the fake root are finally sprouting the tiniest leaves-
I marked them in a pic below- and one has a fuzzy root hair growing into the water column (bottom left)
the little anubias in here is putting up a new shoot too!
so I think the plants are gradually improving, in the tenner also- java on the skull there has another fiddlehead uncurling
and the anubias lanceolata, which I haven't seen do anything in forever, has a new leaf that looks just perfect
I did add a very small amount of magnesium with the ferts last week (1/32 tsp of epsom salt) and looks like it helped- veins are no longer darker than the rest of the leaf.

No comments: