03 May 2015

more young plants

I don't know if it's just been so long since I had a proper garden I've forgotten, or if these plants are actually growing better for me than ever before. Because they look more vivid in color, more robust and large for their age, than I ever recall. The other day when visiting B yard I just sat on the deck for a half hour, reading in company of my little row of plants, just wanted to look at them. There's broccoli and swiss chard
more broccoli and lettuces
simpson lettuce
green leaf lettuce (romaine I think)
and cilantro (these plants a week younger)
big enough to go into the ground, except my ground isn't ready yet! Nice roots coming out the bottom of the little three-inch pots.
Did they really do this much better, starting outdoors in the greenhouse jugs? or are they loving and responding to the richness of my vermicompost mixed in there? I don't know but I'm glad.

No comments: