20 November 2014

homemade

Nothing I grew went into this recipe, but its a new cooking attempt for me so I figured had a place here. Making noodles from scratch!
I wanted a real honest-to-goodness home-style chicken soup. Found a few recipes online, surprised at how simple it sounds. All it contains is eggs, flour and a pinch of salt. Mixed by hand like I do for pizza dough. The one tedious part was kneading the dough- I spent over twenty minutes at it, just until it was smooth and elastic feeling, no longer gritty, tacky texture under palms. Rolled out very very thin and cut into strips.
They went into the soup at the end, for three to five minutes- but I think it should have been two. I either over cooked, or over-kneaded the dough: it had a rather chewy texture. The kids loved it regardless!
I'm definitely going to try this again. Hopefully next time I'll even have some home-grown herbs to put in the soup.

No comments: