22 July 2014

more ills?

I am not sure what is wrong with these plants. But verified that my decision to put the potted Coleus outside was a poor one. The indoor cuttings are looking lovely:
The outside one looks like this:
The leaves are turning pale, with blackened spots and edges that wither away to nothing.
It's not the only plant doing that. Some of the Nicotiana leaves have blackened, withering patches too.
Ugh, this might be anthracnose. It's very infectious.Which basically means I have to throw out all the affected plants. Surprise! what a familiar summer- one failure after another outside.

There's also a Violet inside with some scarring on the leaves. But I don't know if this is the same thing. Violets are so prone to leaf decay from a mere water drop, I could have easily splashed it by accident.

No comments: