23 September 2011

shuffle

My Dracanea the dragon-tree has been doing poorly. Before, I thought it was from being in too-small a pot and put it in a bigger one. It's been doing worse than ever, very droopy. I read more and realized that dracaneas like to be a bit pot-bound. Then upended it and realized the pot had no drainage hole. I felt awful. It was drowning! So I took it out of that pot, gave it fresh soil with plenty of perlite,
and punched holes in the pot it came out of and gave that pot to the smallest unhappy Avocado.
The pot the Avocado came out of, I put the bigger Dracanea (corn plant) into (who had given its pot to the dragon-tree). It was a regular plant switcharound, and I hope they're all happier now.
I've also moved my dumb-canes. They're now in the livingroom windowsill, and seem to be doing better there.
This is the one made up of recent cuttings. It lost a few leaves, but not as many as I expected.

And since this post is about houseplants, might as well mention I've potted up some baby Spider plants off the big momma pot. Second set of offspring!

No comments: